Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Pledge for our Children and Youth

An Educational Pledge

(Except from the book: Never too late to make a U-turn)

AN EDUCATIONAL PLEDGE
I pledge to maintain a
Healthy Mind and Body
Staying away from the Vice of drugs
I pledge always to try my Best to understand
The importance of Knowledge and Education
I pledge to paint a Positive picture of where I plan to be in the future
Not allowing obstacles to stop the growth of my Plans
I pledge to seek Answers to Questions
With the understanding that they
Will lead to other discoveries
I pledge to work Firm
With the Awareness and ConfidenceThat firm work Today will serve
As the Seeds for my strong Tree tomorrow
A Tree that no one will be able to tear down
I pledge to learn proper languages, Beginning with my Mother's
Always prepared to Appreciate others
I pledge to gain a better understanding of Me
By understanding my Cultural roots
I pledge to fully accept Me as a human being
A Rainbow of many cultures and colors
I pledge to overcome any Personal misfortunes
Becoming Stronger from such misfortunes
Always striving to become
A wise person.

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback!