4. Am I doing what I want to be doing with my life? Instead of saying: “I hope my dreams come true”, why not say: “I will work and plan to make my dreams come true.” There is a reason for dreaming. Dreams are like blueprints and designs. Do not let your dreams remain dreams. Bring them to life.
5. Am I living a life based on other people’s expectations? Do what you need to be doing, and not what others want you to do. Remember that the expectations must come from you, and not from anyone else. You are the gatekeeper of your aspirations on this planet. The expectations are yours to design and navigate.
6. Am I happy? If yes, why am I happy? If not, why? Make up your mind to be happy. Do not allow or give power away to others to direct and control your emotions. Control your ego, understand the influence of family, and appreciate your association with the Universe. Smile with the Sun, not at the Sun. Dance with the Moon, not at the Moon. Be happy!
7. Is my present situation based on a risk taken or on an opportunity provided? Are you cruising in life, taking anything that comes your way without an honest examination of yourself in relation to these opportunities? Take the time to think about things you would truly like to be doing and what you need to do to get there. You need to enjoy the element of Risk and let go of what you now have so you can move forward with your real purpose and mission.
8. Where do I expect to be in the next 10 to 15 years? Stop cruising and begin to see yourself 5, 10, and 15 years from now. What do you see? What would you like to see? At this very moment is the right time to plan seeds for your Tree so you can enjoy the Fruits of your labor tomorrow. Begin investing today. Tomorrow never comes for those that don’t take the time to design it.
9. Have I maintained a system of values and standards to govern my life? How do you live your life from day to day? Is there something inside of you that stops you from doing something you don’t want to do? How do you arrive at making important decisions or choices? Have you taken the time to examine your inner constitution and amendments?
10. Am I a consumer or a provider? Do I know the difference between the two? A consumer consumes (takes). A provider provides (gives). You need to address this question very seriously if you want to move to a higher level of awareness and consciousness. The answer you find will be a big step in formulating the way you decide to live your life.
11. What are my strengths and weaknesses as a human being? You need to seriously look at yourself and determine the strengths and weaknesses of your human tools. For example, if you hate or dislike reading, you would not want to take a job as an editor or proofreader even if the pay is great. Use your strengths to get where you need to go, as well as to understand your weaknesses. As human beings we all have them. The more we learn about ourselves, the sooner we get where we want to go. Read, use the computer, attend lectures, and ask questions. Just get started.
12. What are my hobbies? Do I have any positive hobbies? If not, why? Take the time to understand the origin of your interest in hobbies. Hobbies can be an extension of your purpose and mission on this planet. Properly utilized, hobbies can help you with your personal growth and development as a person.
13. Have I explored the potential of my hobbies? Hobbies are sometimes hidden treasures that can lead to a career or business enterprise. Get to understand the value of your hobbies and examine how they can help you grow and develop spiritually and economically.
14. Do I understand the difference between being religious and being spiritual? Many people believe in God. They attend church for their religious guidance. Others do not attend a church but also believe, taking upon themselves the need to reach out and talk directly to God or the Supreme Being. What about you? Are you a religious person? Are you a spiritual person? Can you be both?
15. When I look in the mirror, what do I see? Am I able to honestly verbalize that image? If not, why? Be happy with who you are. Understand your mind and your body; look into the spirit and the soul of your being. Use this question to confront the real you and work to obtain the highest level of self-awareness about the person you are capable of becoming. Have the courage to say goodbye to your negative associations as well as to negative habits. As long as you are alive, you are still in the game of life. Play by the rules, and use your inner constitution and amendments to guide you in the journey.